Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Defending Marriage?

The Senate is going to vote on the proposed "Defense of Marriage" bill sometime today. Of course, it's completely procedural, and the only point is to get some Senators on record for voting to "not defend marriage."

There's a billion ways to go with this, but I'm seeing a trend across the country that is scaring the shit out of parents. Children watch MTV, dress all scantily, think the people on Girls Gone Wild RULE, and do all kinds of provocative stuff at a younger age than I ever did. And I was pretty much a psycho when I was younger. I think the parents in this country, or at least the hardcore religious ones, are striking out against their own children who they see as pushing the sexuality limits. Gay marriage is just one of those things becoming more accepted by younger people, and frankly, the parents are frightened.

Parents can't be asked to raise thier kids! So of course, they want the BIG GOVERNMENT to do it for them, through laws!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's something to be said for this. I mean, just look where I find the link to the story!

No comments: